Pakistan Youth Alliance is a youth based, youth administered and youth motivated organization which aims to create awareness amongst the youth of Pakistan! It yearns to wake the youth of Pakistan from the sleep of apathy and to help evolve a society where youth lead the change instead of following it!
Pakistan Youth Alliance came into being when a couple of youngsters sitting in a ‘hang-out’ sheesha-place in Islamabad thought it has gone too far. The emergency proclamation of November 2007 stirred an emergency in them, and they finally decided to live up to the change they wished to see in their country.
PYA was the brainchild of Syed Ali Abbas Zaidi (now a renowned youth activist and philanthropist). Other founding members include Samad Khurram (famous for refusing to take an award from US Ambassador to Pakistan, Anne Patterson) & Maryam Kanwer.
Pakistan Youth Alliance is the proud pioneer of non-politically alligned youth activism in Pakistan. Having a history which starts from November, 2007 – P Y A has been everywhere and have done over 50 events countrywide and abroad. The source of inspiration for P Y A team are the volunteers, who instead of watching the TV Screens are doing something for Pakistan in practical form. P Y A has not only organized massive protests / vigils / walks to create poilitical awareness amongst the youth, but also, managed to deliver material help to over 5000 families during Swat IDP Crisis and other general social service campaigns.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
PAKISTAN YOUTH ALLIANCE is a youth based, youth administered and youth motivated organization which aims to:
• Unite the youth of Pakistan, irrespective of their religion, ethnicity, caste, race or language, on an unbiased platform through which they could contribute in nation building processes in their limited capabilities
• Create political and social awareness amongst the youth of Pakistan
• Provide a platform to the youth through which, they can raise their voices against injustice, exploitation and other social ills of our society.
• Engage youth in constructive and healthy activities through which their positive energies are synergized.
• Enlightening the youth to feel responsible for this country and prepare them for future leadership tasks.
• Protest against any stance taken by any authority to destabilize Pakistan or hurt the national integrity
• Spread the message of enlightenment, hope, responsibility and patriotism to masses through unconventional but effective mediums like music, poetry, prose and art.
• Create a spark in the youth of our nation by a variety of inspirational events like conferences, seminars, panel discussions, art exhibition, concerts, debates and peaceful protests.
• Indulge youth in social welfare activities through fund-raising for those affected by national disasters, war or political instabilities.
• Bridge gaps between youth studying in different universities\colleges and bringing them together to form a collaborative force.
• Refine the positive attributes of youth and prepare them for challenging tasks ahead when they enter the system.
The rich cannot accumulate wealth without the cooperation of the poor in society. If this knowledge were to penetrate to and spread amongst the poor, they would become strong and would learn how to free themselves by means of nonviolence from the crushing inequalities which have brought them to the verge of starvation.